Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the requirements to teach English?
Native or near-native English speaker, or for Vietnamese with advanced English skills.
Why must I have a TESOL qualification?
In Vietnam it is mandatory and it also equips you to successfully teach English.
What do you learn in the TESOL course?
- Teaching techniques and ideas
- Understanding the TESOL methodology
- Doing lesson plans
- How to teach Speaking, Reading, Listening and Writing English effectively
- How to keep your classes alive, fun and effective
- How to interact with students and keep their interest
- Being comfortable to teach
- How to practice teaching for 20 minutes in a group in English
- How to apply for jobs
Are the courses internationally recognised?
Is there an age limit?
Yes, anyone wishing to do the course must be 18+ years of age
Why is English so popular?
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
- For Internet
- English is the global language in business
- For education/degrees overseas
What’s the difference between TEFL and TESOL?
In reality there is very little difference between TEFL and TESOL. TESOL stands for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages and TEFL stands for Teaching English as a Foreign Language. Jobs overseas requiring a TESOL qualification will accept a TEFL qualification and vice versa.
Can I do a course completely online?
If you enrol in one of our Industry programs you can definitely complete the course all online. But we do advise you to do the 5 day foundation component, as this will give you valuable practical knowledge and skills.
Why ATA TESOL College?
Highly qualified and experienced TESOL professionals will prepare you to be a confident, competent teacher. You’ll be trained to teach English. In addition to TESOL certificate and diploma courses, ATA TESOL College also offers a range of elective courses that can increase your employability. For your convenience, there are 3 study options:
All students and graduates have access to TESOL instructors to assist them with any TESOL needs